Monday, August 17, 2015

Last night our family was reading in the Book of Mormon, Second Nephi chapter 24. These are the Isaiah chapters, and I have a hard time reading them. In this chapter it talks about the millennial days, and about Lucifer, or Satan. It talks of all of his pomp and pride, but what stood out to me was as it describes Satan's fall this is said: 


16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and shall consider thee, and shall say: Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms?

I found this to be interesting. In the final days we will look upon Satan and wonder why we let him frighten us and destroy us. He will be a lowly spirit.

I wondered after I read this, why I allow him to have influence on me. Christ has already paid the price for me. I am worth the price he paid. That worth will not diminish unless I myself allow it to.

I love the stories of Peter walking on water, and the Woman with the issue of blood for 12 years. Why? Because they have faith enough to turn to the Savior. Peter only waited seconds, the Woman 12 years. And Yet Christ helped them immediately and provided any comfort that might be needed.

Back to the woman, just a thought that passed through my mind. For that 12 years that she suffered she didn't just sit and feel pity for herself. She saw many doctors, and did all in her power to be healed. Finally the thought came to her to turn to the Savior. There are somethings that only the Savior can do for us. And we are not expected to go through this life alone. It is true that our brothers and sisters can be His hands, we can be His hands, but if we don't turn to him, how can he direct those people to help us, or be directed to help our brothers and sisters?

I find myself often waiting much longer than is necessary to turn to my Savior. We are meant to do all we can on our part. But part of doing all in our part is actually turning to the Savior and trusting Him and His promises. Not only trusting Him but also believing Him when He has told us we are healed, or forgiven. He can not lie, He is the son of God.

These are just a few thoughts this past couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment