Thursday, May 8, 2014

Thank You!

The past couple of days we have been having to teach our children to say "Thank you!" Here are a couple of examples. Our youngest could not scoot himself at the table the other night as my husband and I were trying to help serve and get dinner situated for our children and some guests. Our youngest kept impatiently yelling for us to help him. His brother who is usually the arch nemesis came over and pushed him in for us without even being asked, to which the youngest began to wail at the top of his lungs that he had wanted mom or dad to do it. My husband turned and said "Now is a good time to say thank you."
Our daughter asked for a candy the other day after finishing her chores and I gave her a piece. She didn't like what I gave her so I put it back, and took out two more to give her a choice. My daughter didn't like either of them and decided the first piece was what she really wanted. By this point I decided she didn't really need the candy. Later when we were readying for bed and doing our family prayers she was still moping. My hubby asked her what was wrong. As she told him how unfair I was he replied "The better response would have been thank you, don't you think?"

Yesterday our married son and his wife had some extra laundry due to an unfortunate mishap in their bathroom so they asked if I would mind them doing laundry at our house most of the day. I said sure, they thanked me and went about doing laundry all day. In the evening I thought I might try to get a load in so I wouldn't be too far behind today. However the hubby asked if he could sneak a load in so he could have some pants for work.

This morning with the two loads of clothes I didn't get done and two more needing to be done my youngest announced he had wet the bed last night I was feeling like laundry was taking over my day. After taking the kids to school I went to throw his bedding into the wash only to find my hubby's cloths still there. When I went to throw them in the drier I found it full of his pants. I am pretty sure I was a little frustrated and said something under my breath. My youngest over heard and said "Mom, now is the time you say 'Thank you.'"
He was right I should be thankful that my husband helps me with the laundry, and that I have another day to play catch-up.*sigh* Thank you Dear for helping with laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment