I absolutely, whole heart-idly love being a mom. I wouldn't change the blessing of being one for anything.
With that said I have through the past several years missed my "singles days" I miss being able to go to the temple more regularly that I do these days. I miss having time to go out with the missionaries more often. And I miss the firesides and devotionals I was able to attend through my youth and young adulthood. I have missed the spiritual high I would leave with.
Today I went to lds.org and the first thing that showed was the CES Devotional from last night. I decided as I worked on a project I need to finish I would listen to it: CES Devotional May 2014 . It took a little bit of time, however I was able to be a mom and still enjoy being fed spiritually as Christ spoke of to the woman at the well found in John 4 in the New Testament.
The link I gave you above can link you to more amazing devotionals. As you read or listen to them you can understand a little more what I believe and where I come from.
More devotionals can be found at these sites as well:
BYU Devotionals
BYU-I Devotionals
I think when I have down time I am going to be listening to more of these. Glad I found them!
No comments:
Post a Comment