Thursday, December 6, 2012

Parenting Joys

While reading the adventures of another friend's blog. Her children provided the common service of decorating her home with a permanent marker. I have been lucky in that department so far, my children have only used crayons, dry erase markers, and washable crayola markers. But as I read her blog I reminisced about some of the adventures my children have brought into my life.

One day while taking baths I heard my children laughing. Laughter is a sure indication in my home of sheer mischievousness. I wasn't disappointed. When I rounded the corner I found my little man standing over the edge of the tub squeezing two tubes of tooth paste (brand new tubes)into the tub while his sister artfully smeared it completely covering the sides. I have to say it wasn't easy to clean.

Or there is the time while I was expecting the last little munchkin. I was so tired one day and thought I would take a little nap. I awoke to their older brother loudly exclaiming "What the...?!" When I went to see the problem I found a 5 gallon water dispenser drained completely onto the floor, my little man and his sister sitting in a box dead center of their mess stirring jello into their mess.

Most recently we had some friends over for dinner. My daughter came in and ratted that one of her brothers had clogged the toilet. We didn't think a whole lot of it, we would take care of it in a moment. Later when we went to take care of it we found a roll and a half of toilet paper mounting well above the toilet seat. It was yellowish. Ugh. Luckily our guests didn't have use of the room while they were there.

My friend previously mentioned said we can't live with out our kids. She is right. Life would be pretty dull and mundane without them. While living it sometimes it is almost terrifying, but looking back it can bee a hoot! Gotta love being a parent. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment