Friday, December 21, 2012

Open Windows/Doors

At church I teach the 8-9 year olds, I love it! This past year we have been studying the Book of Mormon with my class. Lately, probably the last 4-5 weeks we have been talking about Moroni, the last prophet to keep record in the Book of Mormon. In one lesson we discovered that he had lived alone for 36 years (Holy smokes! That is my whole life!) As we continued to study we learned that the Savior had appeared to him, angels , and also the three Nephites had appeared to him on separate occasions. I found comfort in this, because when we feel like we are alone, we aren't really, we have a big brother to turn to, and he sends angels to relieve our suffering at times.

Last night the missionaries had had dinner with us. When sharing their measage one of the Elders had brought something up about this with a perspective I had never thought of, but found to be quite profound. So I will try to share it with you the way it was shared with me.

In discussing Moroni and what he had gone through I mentioned how we have been promised that the church will not be taken from the earth again. Here comes the profound thought share by the Elder last night. After my comment he went on to say how, unlike Moroni had been chased and hunted, and other followers of Christ have been hunted and slain through out history, we will not be. With that we ought to have faith and be courageous to share our beliefs, knowing that we have the truth, and be willing to share it with our friends and families.

When I had always thought about this in the past I had found comfort in knowing that the Savior will not leave us alone, and that we will always have others who believe as we do. I never really went past that. I loved how the missionary said we should have faith and courage. There is nothing to fear when the final score has been determined, pick your team, and play the game with all your heart. I wish I could fond the quote I am trying to quote, but I am not finding it(...if you know what It is, forward it or comment it and I will up date this...lol.).



No comments:

Post a Comment