Today I would like to share one of my greatest blessings. My step-children. I have two older girls who love their younger siblings, when we are together they take time to read, cook and play with their younger siblings, even go for walks. I have a son who married his perfect match, together they lift one another and build up their younger siblings. My teenager is a help on a daily basis. He is very patient with his younger siblings and enjoys finding activities he can do with them.
Now you may have noticed I mentioned 4 of my 5. I have to say I received an unexpected warm fuzzie from him the other day when I read a letter that ended this way:
"oh yea. i thought of something. you are a pretty cool step-mom and people are surprised that i like you. i love you you've always been better than i thought you were. thanks for being awesome and not an evil step mother of doom. you're actually pretty darn amazing."
So now you know why my heart skipped a beat. You know why I also feel so blessed. Who wouldn't after something like that?
No comments:
Post a Comment