Thursday, September 15, 2011

Adventures in Kindergarden

My little lady started kindergarden! Can you believe it!? They grow so fast! The first couple of weeks have been adventure after adventure, week 1 a call from her teacher, week 2 a call from the school behavioral specialist, and week 3 a call from the principle.

The call from the principle caught me by surprise. My little girl had punched a little boy from another class in the eye! When the Principle probed for motive she simply told him she didn't know why, she just did it. On the way home I talked with her, I explained why we don't hit and then repeated the principles question: "why did you hit him?" Her matter of fact reply was: "Mom, the kid has big eyes, and I don't like him looking at me."

There have been times I will admit, that I have wanted to do the same thing. I have never had the guts to do it though.

I think I have my work cut out for me the next couple of years. All I want is her to be a well rounded adult who respects her peer, teachers, leaders...is that too much to ask? This week is looking good though, I haven't recieved a call yet...wish us luck!

1 comment: