Wednesday, July 27, 2011

And Another Adventure Begins!

Here we are. The other day I was reminded that I am only a person, and no matter what I want for my children, I can not protect them from everything.

While out enjoying the summer, playing in the sprinklers with his big sis, my little man jumped up on our trailer. Usually my husband has the gate down, because we know how dangerouse it can be with children. For some reason or other we had forgot to put the gate down last time we used the trailer. Our little man climbed up a top it and pulled the pin. the gate crushed down on him.

Our little man let out a scream of pain, and luckily (I sould say blessedly, there was no luck involved here) a friend of ours has been helping put our fence up and he was back there to hear the gate fall and our little man scream. He rushed over and carried him in to my hubby. During this I had run to the store to get a few things, my hubby called me and asked me to hurry home.

As we assesed the situation we asked our little man if he could stand. At the attempt he cried out in pain and fell into daddys arms. My hubby decided it to be a good idea to take him to the Dr. who later sent him to the hospital. It turns out he has three fractures in his pelvic area. Poor little guy, has to stay in bed or on the couch for the rest of the summer...all of 3 weeks. He was able to come home yesterday with a walker, but we are to try to keep him down 3 weeks.

This morning he must have been feeling better, because he tried to get out of bed and cried.

It is hard being the mother sitting on the side unable to do a whole lot for your little guy. At the same time it is an honor to beable to do the little things I can to bring him comfort. *sigh*

Just had to share this with the few readers I have. I have found a lot of support through friends and family, we are very blessed. Thank you for your thoughs and prayers, we are on the road to recovery.

1 comment:

  1. oh, Melane, that is terrifying! Aren't you so grateful for the Lord's tender mercies? My goodness, I don't know what I'd do without them. Three fractures! Wow. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete