We are still awaiting the arrival of the newest addition to our little clan. Like his older brother I think he has plans of his own, so I just need to be patient.
On a whole other note, I was thinking today how blessed I really am. I have had five children placed in my care at various ages. With each age has come different trials and triumphs of my own and theirs. I have to say though over all I enjoy watching them grow at each stage. Little ones are fun because they are experiencing the world for the first time. It is fun to see how their minds work and process this new world. As the children get older and their thinking more complex it is also a joy to observe how their minds work.
The middle of my step-boys reminds me so much of myself when I was his age it scares me! Seriously. He is all about black and white, there is no gray in his thought. However he is beginning to see that there are different tints and shades of grey and it is fun to watch him enter this realization.
Several months ago he and I had had a discussion about girls. He is readying himself for a mission. He had decided he wasn't going to date because he didn't want to entertain another guys wife. He would rather save his money for his own girl after the mission. Hey, that is safe, and I am okay with that. In our ward we have some great young women. I just thought it would be fun for he and some of the girls to experience dating a little. In all honesty it is alright with me if he isn't interested in dating till later, because I would like for him to be focused on his mission.
This past week however he seems to see that it isn't necessarily a terrible thing to date a little. He has been crushing on a girl in the ward for a while and it has been fun seeing him flirt with her a little. Now he is spending a little more time with her. As a parent figure I find myself wondering. Wondering if she will write him? Will they be like Pres. and Sis Hinckley? My husband and I like this girl, and wouldn't mind her as a part of the family, though that thought is still in the foreseeable future. Not any time soon. Yet it is still one that plays in the corner of my mind as well as my husbands.
So I guess the point I am making with this entry is that I enjoy being a parent of a span of ages. It is enjoyable to watch life play its self out through my children. I know this young man is going to make a great missionary. He is also going to make a great husband and father down the road. Who knew that parenting could be so much fun? There are those hard times where I feel I would like to pull my hair out, don't get me wrong, but this must be a little of what Heavenly Father feels as he watches us. He feels excited to see what our next choice will be and to watch us progress through this life.
No comments:
Post a Comment