My youngest about melted my heart today. He was tired and I was laying down with him till he fell asleep. As he was falling asleep he told me: "Mom, I love you. I keep you always."
I hope as he grows he continues to feel that way. I love my children. If I could keep them small forever I would. But in thinking that way I am being selfish. I love watching them grow and experience life. Their older siblings are all making decisions that bring happiness. I hope the younger ones will follow in their older siblings footsteps.
While jogging this morning I read an article The Moral Force Of Women on motherhood, and our roles as women. It touched my heart. I have a great responsibility to my children. I feel so blessed to be able to stay home with them. At times I feel overwhelmed. Society tends to make one feel that with out a career one isn't accomplishing anything. My career is being a mother. There are times I fall short of my expectations. There are even times I wonder if I am making a difference. The article above reminded me I am doing great things I am shaping the future for my children.
When I returned home a friend of mine had posted this short article: When satan steals your Motherhood? I loved this as well. It seems everyone has a better way of doing things. What our children need most though are us. We are the ones they will remember. We give them confidence in who they are. We build them up or tear them down. I enjoy being able to be there to create memories with my children. I just need to do it.
There is no shame in staying at home and raising my children in an environment where they know they are loved with out condition. At home I know they are being raised with my standards and values. I don't have to worry about so many things. Being able to stay home with them is a great blessing.
No comments:
Post a Comment