Last night I read a verse and felt like it was profound, however I was tired and decided to try again this morning. I have been reading the Isiah chapters...struggling through them to be more precise. So imagine how excited I was when Nephi began to instruct again, plainly. In chapter 32:9 is where I found some instruction I have been needing lately:
9 But behold, I say unto you that ye must apray always,
and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord
that he will dconsecrate thy performance unto thee,
that thy performance may be for the ewelfare of thy soul.
Along with struggling to read my scriptures I have been praying but not with real intent. This scripture was profound to me because prayer really effects all aspects of my life. If I want to be a good mother I need Him for direction. He knows my children better than I do. If I want to do well in my calling, I need His help, He know the children I am teaching better than I do. If I want to be a good neighbor, step mother, wife...ME, then I need His help, He knows better than anyone how to help me reach my highest potential.
Someday I would like to return to my Father and have Him tell me He is pleased with the offering of my life I have offered. At the moment I have done little. I have let pride, maybe some enmity and lack of faith get in my way. This scripture is what I needed today.
No comments:
Post a Comment