Thursday, May 9, 2013

Those Little Tender Mercies...

I have had a couple of tender mercies I would like to share today.

First, my little man had warn the same pair of socks for over a week (They were Spider man can you blame the kid?). When I tried to find them for washing he would have hid them. I was getting desperate, to find him all I had to do is put my sniffer on and he wouldn't be too far away. Then, the other day as I strolled through Target and was looking at their dollar section I found several pairs of Spider man socks! Oh yeah! And my son now lets me wash his socks...so instead of my sniffer I have to actually look for the kid. *grin*

Okay, the other tender mercy happened yesterday. By the end of the day I felt like I just needed a couple moments too myself. With 13 peeps hanging around my house you can imagine. Out of no where one of the older boys volunteered to take my little shadow with him and his girl to play at the park. I love my little shadow, and I am trying to soak up every moment I can with him because I know he is only going to get bigger. However I have to say at that moment it was just what I needed.

One last one. Today I took my daughter to school. Because I have been unable to make it to the gym (because of sick kiddos) I decided this morning would be perfect for walking my little man to school. The weather was cloudy but warm, perfect for a walk. The walk was beautiful. Fast forward to this afternoon. It was time for me to pick kids up from school and I could not find my keys anywhere.  Finally out of desperation (I have been feeling that a lot lately) I called one friend and asked her to pick up my little lady. I said a quick prayer to find my keys, then called a second friend to see if she would be able to help with our young man. While on the phone with her I decided to go look out in the van one more time. Instead of looking in the ignition I looked down between the seats...there they were! My friend still picked up my little lady, but I was able to pick up our young man, and also some friends to come play.

I love tender mercies!

No comments:

Post a Comment