Sunday, March 3, 2013

Line upon Line

This week I was struggling. I know. Hard to believe. I have felt like the weight of the world was caving on me lately. I don't mean to complain. I know everyone feels this at one time or another. Lately I have been feeling it more than not. My life is good. When I look around to see why I am feeling this way, or trying to understand it I simply don't. Through some study I have come to the conclussion that I am either going through menopause early, or I might be(and I hate to say this out loud because it admits I have a problem.)suffering from depression of sorts.

One day in particular I was struggling with this. Does this mean I am lacking in faith and hope? Why can't I be a better mom? Why can't I do everything I want to be doing? (That list my friends is endless, and when I look at it I become paralized and end up doing nothing....ugh!) How do I begin the orginization that I need to to have better, more meaningful FHE's? How do I organize my home? My children? Am I teaching them everything I promised I would before I came down here? Have I prayed for everyone who needs blessed? because with in my corner there are many needing the blessings that come from prayer. I am wondering about the whole forgiveness thing. I think I have done my part and then wonder if its complete, and if it isn't am I worthy to receive the forgiveness I ask for? I have a ton of short comings, and the adversary loves to remind me of them.

I don't mean to sound negative or over bearing in this, but this is what I was feeling. I was seriously feeling the weight of my world weigh down on me.

So I opened my scriptures and found some great comfort. Alma the younger eased my mind, and the Savior helped me taste of some goodness I had forgotten about. My comfort was found in Alma 36:3. Here is what I read:

"And now, O my son Helaman (daughter Melane), behold, thou art in thy youth(a young mother), and therefore, I beseech of thee that thou wilt hear my words and learn of me; for I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day."

My favorite part was; "...whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials and their troubles and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up in the last day."

In sharing this I will admit I do need to rely more on the Lord. I have been trying to do a better job, and I have found comfort. In all of the short years I have lived my life I am grateful for the Teachings found through the scriptures. It amazes me how the Lord speaks to me when I humble myself to receive his teachings, councel, or comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment