Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Parenting...or not.

Parenting is never as we imagine it I have decided. I pictured something a little more perfect...HGTV home, Betty Crocker cooking, Leave it to Beaver Children.

From the beginning of my marriage things were on the go. No getting used to anything, or taking it as it came. BAM! Instant 5 children, between the ages of 7 and 22. For a while I told myself it would slow down, we would get into a rhythm...Ha!

Seven years later we are still having adventure after adventure! Some more pleasurable than others. Yet they continue to happen. This season I am trying to swing with the punches. I will admit that grace is not my forte. I am finding however that when I feel like I am about to skin my nose on pavement there have been people strategically placed to help at least soften the fall.

From past experiences I have been left with some raw wounds. Through the atonement I am finding some peace and assistance in bandaging. With that said there are things said at times that sometimes  remind me of those wounds and that there is still a little bit of freshness to them.

Yesterday I called my mom to share some frustrations. My mom is my best friend...other than my hubby of course. However this time as I shared the going-ons of my life she didn't really know what to say. Moments later while picking up some milk I ran into a friend of mine. I am not one to keep things to myself about myself all that well, so as I poured out my frustrations she listened and then when I asked for her opinion she shared with me a perspective I had not even concidered. It has been quite helpful.

So today I want to give a shout out for tender mercies in form of friends, family and the knowledge that Heavenly Father loves this little girl just like he did yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment