Sunday, August 21, 2016

It's hard to believe it is almost September!

This year has been crazy! Good but crazy. For a couple of years I have been dealing with depression. I had not been suicidal so I wasn't sure I was really struggling with depression until this spring when I hit rock bottom. It scared me...a lot.

I was trying to do everything they tell you to do. I was going to the gym, trying to eat healthy, I tried being better at reading my scriptures...I was doing all I could to avoid medication and counseling. Probably because that would mean that I really did have some sort of problem.

Finally I reached a point I realized I couldn't do it any more. I broke. I was given a light medication, and accepted counseling. I had a great Doctor who helped me find a great counselor. At that point I had to trust that it would be a good fit. I don't think I would have really known what to look for, and I wasn't in a place to do the research.

Through this experience I have relearned how aware of us Heavenly Father is. He knows us by name. He loves us. His love is pure. He is there to catch us when we find ourselves spiraling out of control. It is a process through which He is patient with us and readily available to help at all times. He has picked me up and carried me often. I am so blessed to be surrounded by wonderful family, friends and for a Father who knows how to tailor everything so perfectly for our individual needs.

I'm not perfect, but I am getting better. I have felt more like myself than I have in ages and it feels good. I will try to be better at writing more again.

No comments:

Post a Comment