So yesterday I was looking at my kitchen and broke down. We have a ceiling fan in ours (who ever came up with that should be tared and feathered...just so you know.) The fan flings greasy dust all over my cupboards, ceiling, and the overhang above my cupboards. With a little one on the loose I rarely find the time to just get the basics done...and so I decided yesterday clingy baby or not I had to clean!
I had only noticed how bad my ceiling was first. I pulled out the vacuum about a week ago and tried to suck up all the scum I could! That is when I noticed the over hang. Ugh. That over hang hung on my shoulders FOR-EV-ER! I just kept thinking: "The minute I climb up there the baby is going to start screaming and..." well, it never got done.
Yesterday I threw in the towel! I climbed up there and began to wipe things down. That is when I noticed the cupboards and fan blades(What!?! I had just cleaned those a...over a month ago...dang.) Eww! It grossed me out. Did you know that the top of my fan motor isn't fuzzy grey? Who would have known. Certainly not I, but you know what? That scrubbing paid off. Dawn dish soap has become my best friend for yet another reason! The fan motor is brass!!!(I have to change that some day, I'm not a brass fan) My cupboards shine like new, and the light...it bounces off the ceiling again! WOW!
So when all was said and done I decided to take my mama-van through the car wash (I realized it hadn't had a real bath since last summer...oops!) and today it rained...HA!
I feel like my kitchen weighs tons less, my car looks good from the street and I can take a breath...through the whole thing, the baby didn't make a peep. Nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment